How to Train Your Dog to Stand
Why should your dog learn to “stand” without moving? Your dog must be able to remain still during grooming. The “stand” command is a transition to advance obedience training you can easily train your dog to stand.
- All Healthy Pet Food Snacks for Perfect Training Treat
- Gluten Free & comes in Sticks –
- Fifi & Fido Beefy Jerky Treats
- Your Dog Will Love You
- Smoked for 15 hours to a delicious, tender, healthy, beefy treat
- Your Hands Won’t Stink -Feels & smells like delicious beef jerky
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed ! Your dogs will Love these tasty treats
Video: Train Your Dog to Stand on Command – by Dog Star Daily
Here are 5 Easy Steps:
- Choose a place familiar in which your pet feel comfortable.
- Gather your materials which will include:
- A Leash
- Your Dog’s Favorite Treats
- Clicker (if you use clicker training)
- Begin with your dog on the leash, sitting or lying in front of you. Eliminate all distractions to start out and then gradually allow distractions while training. the idea is to reward all instances of “stand” behavior and “click”.
- Slowly lure your dog into a stand, then reward (click / reward). Always use the command while moving him to stand position, then reward immediately!
- If he gets it, right-reward. If he doesn’t begin again in silence – your dog will follow his nose so expect him to follow the treat. Praise and repeat.
- Now you can remove the treat, if he consistently performs “stand”. Praise will be enough (with a click)
- Finally your hand can be at rest (instead of moving his nose) and a simple command of “stand” will result in obedience. Each repetition should also involve an increase distractions as your dog is ready.
Remember, time and repetitions are the way to train your dog will soon learn this valuable command. You can train your dog to stand.
Video: Training a Show Dog to Stand without Moving – by Eric Salas
- 30-Pound Bag
- Made with real smoked salmon
- Supplemented with fruits and vegetables
- Delivers natural antioxidants to protect