Selecting the Right Dog Breed
Did you know some dog breeds are bred to work hard! They are not happy unless they have a task to do or a method to burn off excess energy.
When selecting a dog breed, it does not matter “what you know”. Thankfully, you can narrow down the selections and discover the ideal dog breed by following a couple of basic steps.
You can try consulting your regional animal shelter or call breed rescue if you are interested in an older dog. These groups assess the dogs’ wellness and personality prior your adoption.
Do you live in a city apartment? If so, you may want to rule out huge dogs. Look for pets in the Toy group, such as Yorkshire Terriers, or some of the smaller sized pet dogs in the Terrier group, like the Miniature Schnauzer.
Do you want to purchase a puppy? If so, you will definitely want a reputable dog breeder who has a litter of the breed you are interested in. Puppy mills sell dogs with flaws, bad characters, or other troubles.
- Grain-free dog food for all life stages
- With lean bison and venison meat, roasted for great flavor
- Packed with highly digestible protein and antioxidents
- Supports healthy immune system
- Please read all label information upon delivery
- Made with real roasted meats
- Supplemented with fruits and vegetables
- Delivers natural antioxidants to protect
Got kids? There is an important consideration if you have youngsters, you will certainly need to think about the size of your dog. Too small of a breed can be a problem. On the other hand, really big dogs, such as Pitbull, Boxer or Saint Bernard, can be rough and unintentionally turn your kid into a human bowling pin.
There are many many dog breeds! With such a large group to pick from, how do people handle deciding which type is ideal for them? Thankfully, you can limit your selections and narrow it down to the best breed.
- This grain-free formula provides digestible energy and excellent nutrition for your growing puppy
- Made with a blend of fish proteinsources, this hearty formula offers a taste sensation like no other
- Fruits and vegetables deliver natural antioxidants to help support a healthylifestyle
- Flavor: Bison, fruit, liver, vegetable
Some breeds just require a half hour or so of grooming a week, while others need to be groomed for an hour a day. If you are short on time, do not purchase a Standard Poodle or a Maltese, unless, of course, you are prepared to take your pet to a groomer on a regular basis.
Video: 10 Most Popular Dog Breeds (AKC -2013)
Do breeds in the Sporting, Hound, and Herding groups are extremely high energy animals and you will certainly require sufficient time to give them an extensive workout.
Do you want to spend a lot of time training a pup or do you want an older dog with some training already.
Do not get too stressed when you’ve narrowed down the breed and have actually chosen which puppy is ideal for you. You still have one more crucial choice to make, exactly what to call your brand-new buddy!
Depending upon the dog breed there are some specific aspects of a breed’s characteristics and behavior that you need to know in order to train them. To train your dog, select the your breed from the list below
- Beagle Training
- Boxer Puppy Training
- Border Collie Training
- Bulldog Training
- Dachshund Training
- Golden Retriever Training
- Great Dane Training
- How to Train a Husky
- How to Train a Pitbull Puppy
- How to Train a Pug
- How to Train a Shih Tzu
- How to Train a Yorkie
- Maltese Training
- Miniature Pinscher Training
- Miniature Schnauzer Training
- Pomeranian Training
- Poodle Training
- Retriever Training
- Rottweiler Training
- Training a German Shepherd
For more information on Selecting the Right Breed – Please Tap Here!